A home sleep apnea study is intended to be a helpful approach to gather data about your sleep. On test day:
- Attempt to do everything as you usually would do on a normal day.
- Try not to take a nap
- Don’t ingest any caffeine after mid day
- If you are taking some sort of medicine, talk with your doctor. He may suggest that you incidentally stop utilizing the pharmaceutical.
- Prior to your home sleep apnea study, you may need to go to the specialist’s office to get the gear. Or somebody may convey the home sleep apnea study kit to your house.
- An individual from the sleep group will give you directions on the most proficient method to utilize the home sleep apnea study kit. You should ask the specialist about anything that comes to mind.
- You can go to sleep at your customary sleep time. When you are prepared to sleep, you will join the sensors to your body as taught. You might be requested to keep a sleep log. When you get up in the morning, you can take the sensors off. You may need to take the kit back to the sleep focus group or return it via mail.
Personnel from the sleep group will score and translate the data gathered through home sleep apnea study. This may take a few days or weeks. The board certified sleep doctor will get in touch with you to examine the outcomes. If the outcomes are vague, the doctor may suggest an in-lab sleep test.
You may require an extra in-lab sleep test if:
- Your home sleep apnea study did not record enough information for a doctor to make a conclusion
- Your home sleep apnea study results show that you don’t have obstructive sleep apnea and the doctor suspects another issue
- If you are determined to have obstructive sleep apnea, the doc will talk about treatment alternatives with you.